In this article you will know how to make UPI payment without internet, i.e,: Offline UPI Payment.
In terms of real time payment India is way ahead of all other countries, and all the credit goes to NPCI – National Payments Corporation of India.
When making payment, one of the easiest ways is to use UPI, rather than looking for cash or using a wallet.
UPI is so convenient that even vegetable vendors, auto drivers, and small food stalls use it.
But India is far behind in terms of internet issues, there are many places and villages where the internet is still not available.
Let ‘s take a scenario
You are trekking in the beautiful mountains of Ladakh and after reaching the top of the mountain you came across a Maggie stall. But wait a minute, you forgot to take your wallet.
Now what?? No worries
You take out the phone to make a UPI payment. But sad for you, there is no internet connectivity as well.
But thank God you have a slip of the network and that’s enough for you to make the UPI payment without internet.
Step-by-Step guide to make UPI payment without internet
Before making the UPI payment it is compulsory to register offline, but don’t worry it won’t take more than 30 seconds.
- Go to your call log. And DIAL *99# from your registered mobile number. It will ask to select the language. Select your preferred language. For example, I select 1 for English.
- In the second step, it will ask you to add your BANK NAME. You can either add your bank name or the first 4 letters of your Bank IFSC.
- In the third step it will ask you to check the bank balance. So, to check your bank balance simply add your UPI id.
Hurray!! your offline UPI is set now.
Note: The above steps are not asked for every user. So if you are not asked to register that means your offline UPI is already set.
Now you can make offline UPI payments easily
- DIAL *99# from your registered mobile number.
- A popup will appear on your screen. Here, you will get multiple options like.
- Send Money
- Request Money
- Check Balance
- My profile
- Pending Requests
- UPI PIN
You want to send money, so click on 1.
- In the third step, it will ask the payment mode.
1. Mobile No. 3. UPI id 4. Saved Beneficiary 5. IFSC and Account Number
Enter 1 or 3 as per your convenience and click on the send button. In this scenario I have selected 3 (UPI Id).
- Enter the beneficiary UPI ID. If you have selected mobile number then it will ask the beneficiary mobile number.
- Then in the next popup it will show the name of the beneficiary account. It will now ask you to enter the amount you want to pay.
- In this step it will ask for the remark. You can enter 1 to skip.
- In the seventh step, add your UPI PIN to complete the payment.
And yes, your payment is done.
At the final stage you will get a confirmation message similar to this.
List of free google tools you can use in everyday life